The Big Conversation - Episode 5 | Season 5
In this special two-parter, we explore “The Robot Race”. Are developments in Artificial Intelligence spiralling out of control? Can we slow the development of large scale AI even if we wanted to? And what can we learn about ourselves - the human race - in light of AI’s rapidly expanding capabilities?
Here, in part one, we confront the ominous existential question: could AI ever replace humanity? The implications for the future of humankind posed by developments such as ChatGPT, robotics, and data sharing are discussed by Nigel Crook, Professor in Artificial Intelligence & Robotics at Oxford Brookes University and author of “Rise of the Moral Machine: Exploring Virtue through a Robot’s Eyes”, and Anil Seth, Professor of Cognitive & Computational Neuroscience at the University of Sussex, winner of The Michael Faraday Prize and Lecture 2023, and author of “Being You: A New Science of Consciousness”.
• For bonus content, updates and more shows sign up at: http://www.thebigconversation.show
• Take our survey! https://survey-star.co.uk/robotrace1
The Big Conversation is a video series from Premier Unbelievable? featuring world-class thinkers across the religious and non-religious community. Exploring science, faith, philosophy and what it means to be human. The Big Conversation is produced by Premier Unbelievable? in partnership with John Templeton Foundation.
• For Nigel Crook: https://ntcrook.com
• For Anil Seth: https://www.anilseth.com
• Subscribe to the Unbelievable? podcast: https://pod.link/267142101
• More shows, free eBook & newsletter: https://premierunbelievable.com
• For live events: http://www.unbelievable.live
• For online learning: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/training
• Support us in the USA: http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Support us in the rest of the world: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/donate