Jesus was a Jew. But has Christianity become divorced from its Jewish roots? How should we understand the shared story and differences of these two great religious traditions?
Journalist-priest Rev Giles Fraser who has been on a journey to rediscover his Jewish roots, interacts with Jewish scholar Prof Amy-Jill Levine, who has written extensively on the Jesus and Judaism.
The Big Conversation is a video series from Unbelievable? featuring world-class thinkers across the religious and non-religious community. Exploring science, faith, philosophy and what it means to be human. The Big Conversation is produced by Premier in partnership with John Templeton Foundation.
For bonus content, updates and more shows sign up at http://www.thebigconversation.show??
Take our survey! https://unbelievable.memberstar.club/page/60f7107b74743d67c0628bd0/pXyVu
For Giles Fraser: https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/213/213476/chosen/9780241003268.html
For Amy-Jill Levine: https://divinity.vanderbilt.edu/people/bio/amy-jill-levine
• Subscribe to the Unbelievable? podcast: https://pod.link/267142101
• More shows, free eBook & newsletter: https://premierunbelievable.com
• For live events: http://www.unbelievable.live
• For online learning: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/training-and-events
• Support us in the USA: http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Support us in the rest of the world: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/donate