Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine is more than just a geo-political conflict. The Russian leader believes in the spiritual destiny of a united ‘Holy Rus’ that goes back to the conversion of Vladimir the Great in 984.
Ukrainian Orthodox scholar Fr Cyril Hovorun and Catholic journalist Clifford Longley discuss how the history of the Eastern Orthodox Church plays into the conflict and what can be done.
Justin also speaks to Ukrainian Christian leader Sergey Rakhuba of Mission Eurasia about the church response to the refugee crisis.
Fr Cyril Hovorun: https://www.sanktignatios.org/dr-cyril-hovorun
Clifford Longley: https://www.thetablet.co.uk/editors-desk/2/21568/religious-roots-of-ukraine-crisis-
Sergey Rakhuba: https://missioneurasia.org/
Matters of Life & Death podcast: https://pod.link/1509923173
• For conference & live events: http://www.unbelievable.live
• More podcasts, free eBook & newsletter: https://premierunbelievable.com
• Support us in the USA: http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Support us in the rest of the world: https://my.premier.org.uk/donate/donate-unbelievable-2022
• Get our ‘Confident Christianity’ course: http://www.premier.org.uk/course
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PremierUnbelievable