The Big Conversation - Episode 1 | Season 5
The rise of Christianity has shaped the modern world, but are its historical origins best explained in purely naturalistic terms, or the explanation the first followers gave – that Jesus had risen from the dead?
New Testament historian Bart Ehrman doesn’t believe in the miraculous claims of the New Testament, including the resurrection of Jesus. New Testament scholar Justin Bass argues in his book ‘The Bedrock of Christianity’ for a number of facts concerning the death and resurrection of Jesus, that point to its truth. They debate scripture, history and the resurrection.
Watch this episode now at thebigconversation.show
• For bonus content, updates and more shows sign up at: http://www.thebigconversation.show
• Take our survey! https://survey-star.net/bart
The Big Conversation is a video series from Premier Unbelievable? featuring world-class thinkers across the religious and non-religious community. Exploring science, faith, philosophy and what it means to be human. The Big Conversation is produced by Premier Unbelievable? in partnership with John Templeton Foundation.
• Subscribe to the Unbelievable? podcast: https://pod.link/267142101
• More shows, free eBook & newsletter: https://premierunbelievable.com
• For live events: http://www.unbelievable.live
• For online learning: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/training
• Support us in the USA: http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Support us in the rest of the world: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/donate