Were Victorian missionaries a tool of oppression, exploitation and empire as some critics claim? Or did they leave a legacy of education, healthcare and eradicating inhumane practises?
Victor Simz, known online as the Z Historian, is a Zambian historian who has charted the impact of missionaries in East Africa. He discusses the issues with Jonathan Wilson who comes from a missionary family and believes the story of the positive global impact of missions work is often under-appreciated.
For Victor Simz: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheZHistorian
For Jonathan Wilson: https://leadbysoul.com/
For Premier’s ‘Missions Week’ website: https://www.missionsweek.org.uk/
• Subscribe to the Unbelievable? podcast: https://pod.link/267142101
• More shows, free eBook & newsletter: https://premierunbelievable.com
• For live events: http://www.unbelievable.live
• For online learning: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/training-and-events
• Support us in the USA: http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Support us in the rest of the world: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/donate